View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Fri, Feb-01-13, 16:30
Registered Member

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 120/120/120 Female 165cm
BF:
Progress:

This is an interesting debate. I am AB and I currently struggle with low carb because of digestive issues with the large amount of meat I seem to need. But I have to be low carb due to candida and ME, if I eat much carb I am terribly ill.

I recently stumbled across the blood type diet because I realised that if I stayed away from chicken I felt a lot better. Chicken! Further investigation on google led me to that AB blood types shouldn't eat chicken.
So I looked further...on looking at the avoid foods I notice that a lot of these foods are foods that I either react badly to or that sit in my fridge for weeks indicating some natural aversion to them.

So I'm giving it a go...remain low carb but take into account the guidance, I'll eat the meats and fish that they suggest and avoid the ones they suggest are not suitable for me, same with the vegs and other foods.

What I've noticed already after just a few days is that I'm not going to the fridge all the time, I am more satisfied after meals, I don't need to eat so much or so often, I am less bloated. Early days and I am probably about 80% on the diet at the moment. I was eating a lot of meats that were not recommended on the diet, so it's been a massive change in the biggest food group I eat. I'm pleased so far.

Are there any other ABs out there on the blood type diet? It would be great to 'chat' about what works and what doesn't work. I'm just about to read 'Live right for your type' for further recommendations.