View Single Post
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Jun-14-15, 19:40

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 189/142/135 Female 66 inches
BF:hmmmm?
Progress: 87%

Ah, Susan, repurposing a piano sounds like a great idea. I have a beautiful French provincial upright that no one has played in 20+ years. I only keep it because it's so pretty and it looks good in my entry. Hmmm.....

Now, Blue, I just knew you had Spanish in your soul. I'm glad that you understand my knowledge quest. I've been like this all my life. A lot of people think it's silly and pointless to attempt to learn a WHOLE new language at my age (That's what my grandson said to me. He wondered why I would actually want to study. This was a year ago when he was graduating from college and had had enough of it.), but in my humble opinion, they just have no imagination. Learning keeps me young at heart and exercises what's left of my brain. Also, it does my heart good to see how a Spanish-speaking-only patient lights up when I speak my few meager words to them in their native language. Certainly, we have Spanish bilingual nurses, but they are sooo busy.

How excellent you must feel, Kathy. There is absolutely nothing like sweet success. I am so happy for you. I'd love to join you, but I fear nothing but cream cheese and macadamia nuts would create a horrendous big D problem for me. I'm not really fond of macadamia nuts either..... There's always an excuse, isn't there! -- even if it's a valid one. Maybe I could try one day on and one day off, staying very low carb on the off days.

It's nice to see you here again, Linda. It's been a long time, and I hope you are back to stay for a while. You sure have lots of fun and adventures with your boys.

Saludos a todas.