Old Thu, Oct-30-14, 11:29
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by costello22
... They took my blood pressure three times. Each time was higher than the last. The final one was like 190/98 or something. I kept saying it wasn't normally that high. It's usually in the 130/80 range. It was dealing with them that was making it go high.

This morning at home it was 121/77.

Same here. When I go to the doctor's office or the dentist, my BP is higher than normal and if they take it again, it is usually higher still. My current doctor understands this phenomenon and said she has seen it in a number of patients. She has me do my own BP 2 times a day for a week and send the results in to her prior to my appointment. She says BP is about what it is most of the time -- not about what it is when you are sitting tall on a doctor's office table.

I love this doctor. She is 10x better than any other that I have had in the past 30 years. I would not say that she is "Pro LC" -- but she is seeing the results and likes what she is seeing. She opted to let me manage my Diabetes with diet rather than put me on meds. She seems to 'get it'. Who knows, I might turn her into a LCHF advocate yet. I just have to finish the job and maintain it.