#66   ^
Old Fri, May-07-04, 13:26
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 144/141/126 Female 4'11"
BF:
Progress: 17%
Default Carb up, Carb down

is pretty much what I do. Induction nearly sent me mad and I really didn't think I could keep up LCing for a long time. Then a friend gave me her secret - she's strict induction in the week and eats what she likes the weekend. So I followed that course of action and went from 161lbs to 133lbs in 2 months.

I find it very comfortable doing it that way. Not that I pig out on carbs the weekend, but if I fancy mashed potato, or chips, or pasta or pizza I'll have it. Although Ihave to admit pizza made me sick as a dog - I just couldn't digest it. Also, if I have a craving in the week for something I'll have it and do induction Saturday. So really, it's 2 days off and 5 days on and it works for me. I don't feel so much like I;m missing out on stuff and I find it easier to be strict in the week, knowing I can have lasagne the weekend. I've found I don't get cravings and neither do I suffer from carb withdrawal in the week so that's pretty cool!

I hit a plateau at 133 but I've found by introducing more carbs I seem to be losing weight again and went down to 129 in 2 days.