Thread: 1 year plateau
View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Mar-02-11, 03:42

Plan: my own
Stats: 224/182/165 Female 175cm
BF:
Progress: 71%

Gosh how frustrating. You've done so well though. I'm experimenting with something new which you might want to look at. I can't make any definite recommendation because I have just started it.

I have downloaded the programme Cron-o-meter (free) and am working out my micro nutrient levels. My theory is that maybe I am not getting enough of the right vitamins/minerals at a cellular level to encourage my body to lose the weight (I have lost a lot but like you have stalled for a long time). The hardest part is working out what my ideal amounts should be, but my initial observations suggest that I am very low on vit C and most of the B vits as well. Wouldn't hurt to have a look and tweak the diet to include more of what looks low, or to supplement. Just a suggestion. I'm doing a bit of both.

I'm hoping to get the new book 'The Perfect Diet' soon to get a better indication of the correct levels - if anyone can pass this info I would be most grateful.

When we restric our diet we inevitably end up reducing other nutrients that our body uses. This might become a big problem for those of us who may not be absorbing nutrients from our food very well.

This is a just a theory, and I only mention it because to me you seem to be doing everything right. I personally would not add cardio but continue with the weights and do as much walking as possible if you are not already.