View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Oct-06-17, 20:02

Plan: Keto / Atkins VLC
Stats: 173/148/135 Female 5'6"
BF:23.9
Progress: 66%

I really like the Diet Doctor site. It's full of great content, always being added to. Dr. Fung has a lot of videos there, special to the site. There are some great recipes that are low carb/very low carb and keto. There are articles as well, and a lot of video interviews about this subject. Also a bunch of movies relating to low carb. Dr. Andreas Eenfeldt, who started the site, has no advertising and he doesn't sell anything—he's really devoted to spreading the word about low carb. He originally had only a Swedish site, but later expanded into English. It's well worth checking out because it has so much information and has new incoming info all the time...it's a membership site (basically the cost of two Starbucks cappuccinos per month), but you can see a lot of the content before being a member and I think you can still get a free trial membership as well to see if you like it. I started off testing it out, and have remained a member for almost a year now. It's my favorite site.

As for convincing reluctant others, no can do. People have to be ready to listen in order to hear what you might say. You can't convince anyone who isn't ready. You have to wait for someone to observe your own great results and ask you how you did it. They have to get beyond thinking "Oh, I couldn't possibly give up eating_______(fill in the blank...bread, alcohol, sugar, whatever it may be). I used to be so excited about what I discovered that I wanted to tell others and convince them to eat low carb as well, but before long I realized it was hopeless. They have to come to you willingly and be dying to know how you did it, you just can't impart your newfound wisdom to a still resistant audience. Some people never get to that point, I've realized.