Old Wed, Jan-11-12, 09:05
Registered Member

Plan: varies - experimenting...
Stats: 248/194/185 Male 6 ft. 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalesbred
That's great news and thanks for sharing your experience. I must admit I've wimped out in the past and carb-loaded for running however am going to make a real effort to "train low, race high" next year (Mark Sisson's blog). My own experience is the same, I put on a stone (14lb) whilst training for my first marathon and only maintained during the second by very careful calorie counting on moderate carb - and again like you, find it easier to lose weight when not running. Completely counter-intuitive but true! All the best with your recovery.

Same experience here - the absolutely FASTEST way for me to lose bodyfat is to be inactive and do strict induction - with only exercise coming from normal activity like walking.

But then, even mild exertion like walking stairs or unloading groceries would really wipe me out and I lost my muscle mass and strength. I got skinny but weak.

It was worth it though, to burn through a lot of bodyfat fairly quickly.

Trying to rebuild my muscles and becoming stronger is really tricky now, as I find I need more carbs to exert myself, but then it's easy to slip up and start gaining the fat back.