#13   ^
Old Sun, May-25-03, 11:34
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 156/140/120 Female 5:4
BF:
Progress: 44%
Default lowfat versus low carb

it seems to me that you are speaking about a program which you haven't tried...most of us here(including myself)have been on a lowfat diet such as the one you describe, and seen no results. I was diagnosed with hypoglycemia a few years back, and given a lowfat carb diet like the one you described. My god, things went from bad to worse, thanks to being on that diet(by the way, I do go to the gym every morning, and I don't have a lot of weight to lose,) I not only gained weight, but my blood sugar went out of control. I would eat lots of potatoes, rice, fruit, broccolietc etc. I went ot another doctor, who was horrified at what I was eating. he said I needed to cut down on my carb intake or I would soon be diabetic.
Then I started to educate myself about insulin, glucagon, seratonin and the general workings of our bodies, and I decided to give Carbohydrate Addict Diet a try. WOW. My bloodsugar has stabilized, I have tons of energy, and I am losing weight and eating three meals a day without the irresistible urge to snack.
I think you should try it for a month. It seems to me that for someone who thinks you're eating right and being as active as you are, you should have lost that 10 pounds a long time ago. Then after one month, come back here and tell us what happened.Again, I want to stress that not one diet is right fro everyone, the one you're describing might be right for you, but for a lot of us, its a disaster.
best of luck. (Don't judge someone without walking a thousand miles in his shoes)