Old Fri, May-23-03, 19:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/220/195 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 80%
Default Re: Carbohydrates Info

Quote:
Originally posted by princess1
They are medium-calorie food but they fill you up!!!

This group includes potatoes, rice, pasta, bread, beans, cereals HIGH IN FIBER, most veg's and fruit, These carbs are wonderful for everyone, recommen we eat 55-60% of our calories from these carbs.

This part is just not true...Bread not only doesn't fill me up...it induces major cravings. If I eat even one roll, I get horrible cravings for more bread. Eating alot of Bread and Pasta and very little fat is what put the last 100 pounds on me. I was eating mostly spaghetti and bread...yet, I was still hungry. I know first hand that complex carbs are not filling. 5000 calories, the majority from complex carbs...left me hungry. But, 2000-3000 calories mostly from fat leaves me full.

If you want something low in calories and filling...look at eggs and bacon. A slice of bacon is only 30 calories. A 2 egg cheese omelet is 374 calories. A salad (with cheese and bacon bits) is only 154 calories.

Compare this to a loaf of bread or a box of spaghetti, each of which are loaded with 1600 calories. One slice of bread has almost as many calories as 3 slices of bacon. There are as many calories in one biscuit as in 6 slices of bacon.