View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jul-08-04, 18:22

Plan: General Low Carb
Stats: 232/162/162 Male 69 inches
BF:30%/13%/11%
Progress: 100%

Time or Energy!

Everything in life takes either one or the other!...often both!

When I first started exercising, I was REALLY out-of-shape! I had plenty of TIME, but not the ENERGY to commit to much of a exercise program. Cardio was my GATEWAY exercise. I could walk! And I could walk on a regular schedule, something I couldn't do around any other type of exercise schedule. I may have only been working out my heart muscle, but at least it was something!

As I did more and more cardio exercise, I gradually built up my fitness to a level where I could do more exercise. I was, also, able to add more resistance-type exercise. Now, nearly every exercise activity that I do has some degree of resistance-training as part of it. Some of my exercise activities, like weight-lifting, are all resistance-training. I don't think that I could ever get to the point where all of my exercise activities were resistance-training, I am just not that motivated to do the amount of resistance-training that I would need to keep the shape that I like; but I have plenty of motivation to do the many different varieties of fun, cardio activities that so many people enjoy. With the exception of weightlifting, most of the physically-active sports and hobbies that I am aware of entail some degree of cardio!

Not only do I have the TIME!, I like to make the TIME!

Join the fun!

J.