View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Aug-13-04, 09:14

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 208/208/164 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 0%

OHhh here is my two cents....If my sis had not had the surgery last Sept. I would still have a sis. She had so many health problems and was extremely overweight. I trusted her Dr. who said he had 300 sucessful surgeries. "This would cure her health problems." Welll...sorrrrrryyyy Carnie Wilson, but I am not a fan of this. Her staples came out, she got a horrid infection, her kidneys failed...2 weeks later we sprinkled her ashes in her favorite lake.

Yes...supposedly this is a low death rate...but please explain to me why I now know 3 people who died after this surgery? All of almost the same complications...

Now - i will say that a good friend of mine did have success...but she did it ~ 260lbs. Still healthy enough to recover from surgery and she is doing so well. ( I don't like my personal ratio though....3 out of 4 people i know DIED from this??) It just seems very frightening...if you are say 400 lbs...you probably do have heart, lung, circulation, diabetes problems..and the cure is verrrrry risky....going into surgery with health problems. Perhaps my opinion is overly tainted in grief....but do you blame me?