#3   ^
Old Fri, Sep-17-10, 08:09

Plan: Atkins-ish
Stats: 255/250/175 Female 65.5"
BF:Size 22/16-18/10
Progress: 6%

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartform
My normal plan is about 1400-1600 calories, about 70-100 total grams of carbs, and really high protein (protien powerish) This keeps my cravings down, and I usually feel satisfied, but I get bored of it quickly, and tire of counting calories. (I can count them in my sleep).

Anyone like me? I feel like when I go too low carb it backfires. Any mid carb range high protein diet suggestions?

It sounds to me like your normal plan was working for you, and you just got bored. Were you losing weight on this plan? If so, you may want to continue with it but try more variety of foods. Boredom is a #1 killer of "diets." You need to find a way to not make this a "diet" and make it more a way of life. Maybe try some new recipes that fall within your plan's range.

As far as being tired of counting calories goes, it's just something you'll have to do. Counting calories, or counting carbs, or counting fat grams, or sodium or any other item you need to keep an eye on is necessary. Think of it as being in charge of what you're putting in your body.