View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Sat, Dec-23-17, 00:25

Plan: Low carb/high fat
Stats: 196/196/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress:

I had been struggling with my thyroid for years. Blood tests were normal except my TSH which would run .05 and under. My family doctor didn't think much of it and neither did I except I was always tired, cold, and my temp always ran about 97.1 to 97.3

In 2016 I started to feel a lump on my neck but of course, ignored it for a while thinking it would go away. Well it didn't. I went back to my family doctor who then referred me to a surgeon who specialized in thyroid diseases. I thought I would be scheduling a needle biopsy, but he took one look at me and said he was scheduling surgery right away. I had a total thyroidectomy in April of this year. The biopsy came back "micropapillary carcinoma".

Thankfully it was caught in time and all the cancer was removed with my thyroid. With my TSH being so low, the surgeon was very careful to put me on high doses of medication to avoid a "thyroid storm" which I understand, could be deadly.

He also had to take one of my four parathyroid glands, so I had to stay in the hospital for 3 days instead of just the overnight, so they could regulate my calcium. Which did drop dangerously low after surgery.

It truly is amazing how much your thyroid does for your body and when it's messed up, things can be really bad.