View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Nov-26-01, 12:47

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 296/278/179 Female  5'8
BF:
Progress: 15%

I did get a chuckle -- and I hope you chucked him under the chin and told you yeah, and that's why you were picky (Good childbearing hips is another one I used to hear.)

I posted this on another thread, but I'll sneak it in here, too. I comfort myself with the thought that back when we were all eating mastadon (and liking it!), all of the tiny little things would have faded away during the first hard winter, and I would be Queen of the Cave (With apologies to Andy, who wasn't asking for retorts, but unpleasant experiences.)

It's interesting that in this tiny sample, we have one man being scorned for his weight on a job interview, and several women bearing the brunt of insults, either well-intentioned or not, but referencing our looks, not anything related to work. (I'm sure that overweight women also face job discrimination, but I wonder if an interviewer would speak to a woman as he did to at least one man? I'm also certain that overweight men are rejected by women in singles bars, none too pleasantly.) I guess I'm wondering, what is the male equivalent of "you've got such a pretty face?"