#35   ^
Old Sat, Jun-20-15, 07:09
It's Only Food!

Plan: Ketogenic / IF
Stats: 279/248/210 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 45%

Mornin', Kids.

Susan, I'm just south of Manassas. They are just a stone's throw away.

Glad you enjoyed the pics. It's what we saw as we sped down the highway. It's a challenge to get good shots but I enjoy it.

Jim used to farm there and imparted his knowledge of beans and corn. Beans only need air dryers because they are pretty much dry when harvested, unlike corn that can retain moisture. Propane tanks pretty much indicate if a drying bin is for corn or beans since heat is necessary to dry the corn to acceptable percentages. They also have to tumble for proper ventilation. Bean dryers have drying floors with fans that just move the air. Then I learned about seed corn and how to recognize it in the field as opposed to hybrid corn. It's stuff I've seen my whole life but never understood what I was seeing. I thought those round metal bins were just cribs holding grain. Who knew? I love traveling because I learn lots and lots of stuff as you have found out. We also talked about hearing corn grow. You really can and even I have heard that myself. Corn grows fast and at night one can actually hear a faint squeaking sound as it grows and expands.

In July we're heading to the horse country of Kentucky and will stay at a B&B on a horse farm. It's also smack dab in the middle of the Bourbon Trail. I'll be painting for 3 days in a workshop while the guys play golf and probably go to distilleries. I hope to make a few of those myself!

I'm down .6 pounds this morning so I've lost the trip weight. I am SO happy about that. Now I'm working on getting back to the teens.

I thought that article was interesting about daily weighers versus other tracking. I've found it keeps me honest as well. So does logging food. I'm back to both again. I need structure. Others may not, but it really does help me and it gives me a bit of security knowing what's what and not guessing.

Today Jim is showing houses to people relocating from Arizona. I have to paint. I have a deadline that will be looming and with having to pack up the house for the flooring, spare time is at a premium.

So with that, I'll see you...

Later, 'gators!