View Single Post
  #73   ^
Old Sun, Mar-10-13, 13:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 330/292/210 Male 6'
BF:
Progress:

Please don't take offense by this, but your lack of significant weight loss may be due to you not following all of the induction rules. Your diet isn't really Atkins induction phase, in order to get the results you should really try to follow all of the rules. I've found, over the years, that my body is very sensitive to certain foods that completely stall my weight loss: nuts, excessive dairy, alcohol, etc.

In all of your posts in this thread I only see vegetables mentioned one time, and they were veggies not allowed on induction. Nuts are also not allowed on induction. I also see a lot of cheese in your diet, you don't specify how much, but I would imagine your going over the limit in some cases. I see almost no fiber in your diet, fiber is one of the key's to succesful induction.

Atkins induction rules that you should consider:
less than 4 oz. of cheese
No nuts or seeds
12-15 grams of carbs from veggies on the approved list per day
Coconut Milk isn't specifically listed in any of the approved lists, but the consensus is generally to avoid it on induction.
No alcohol
lots of water

From your posts it appears you "cheat" ever few days, that will prevent your body from going into ketosis. I would completely start over on induction, with a meal plan, and a review of the induction rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintaka
Oops, I didn't report my weight. This morning I was 175.8, so Valentine's dinner only resulted in a tiny temporary weight fluctuation.
I now FF during the day and have a normal meat at night with DH.

Scrambled eggs and bacon
Decaf tea or coffee
Brie cheese
Pate
Pepperoni and Cream Cheese
Macadamia Nuts

Dinner last night was a small serve of fish with peas and corn.

Dinner tonight will be a green curry (I check the label for the curry paste), with coconut milk (I check the label of the milk for low carb).

I hope to say losing weight, as I have a ways to go yet.