View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Oct-14-13, 06:45

Plan: LCHF, no breakfast.
Stats: 256/178/140 Female 5ft 3"
BF:
Progress: 67%

Hello! I am also recently pregnant - about 7 weeks. I'm going for a whole food diet without grains, sugar etc. Primal I think its called.
I don't like or eat much fruit, but have been craving fruit juice, just a few sips seem to calm my queezy tummy and if that allows me to eat a proper meal, it can't be all bad.

I've done a bit of Googling, and as far as I can see, so long as mum's eating decent food (or anything even aproaching food in the first trimester) there's not much to worry about. I've been LC for the last 8 weeks... and have lost 6 pounds in that time. (In the past when I've gone LC I've lost a stone or more in that time and was surprised it wasn't coming off faster.) So I've already lost weight in my pregnancy - I'm going to keep eating the way I think is right and stay mostly off the scales. Maybe I'll gain 25lb, maybe I'll loose another pound? I'm keen to eat this way throughout if I can rather than hit average targets, unless I get really massive!

As others have said, just relax and do what your body wants - I tend to feel a bit delicate on and off, and am gassy, so wouldn't want to fill up to the max - even when I'm thirsty I can only sip at water whereas a few weeks ago if I wanted some water I'd just down a pint.

If you think adding something like beans to your diet will help you realise you're full before bursting, I suggest trying it for a few days; people and pregnant mums have had beans in their diet the world over and it seems unlikely a few servings will do you or your baby much harm