#16   ^
Old Mon, Nov-23-09, 12:35

Plan: Weston A. Price, GFCF
Stats: 165/133/132 Male 5' 5"
BF:?/12.7%/?
Progress: 97%

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICanDoThis
Eggs, nuts, beans, peanut butter, cheeses, yogurt. flax seed, wheat bran, spinach, broccoli, asparagus. I'm sure there's more, like whole wheats and other breads

And there's the crux of the dilemma. There isn't a single vegetarian protein source that doesn't have major food intolerance issues. (I'm not counting the green vegetables because I've never heard of anyone successfully using them as a protein source). ICanDoThis, you just provided a list of foods that I would recommend everyone living without for a month, just to see if they have intolerances to them.

There's a reason for this. Allergies, sensitivities, intolerances - these things are immune reactions. Your immune system is designed to recognize foreign proteins. It doesn't care about foreign fats. Your body is very particular about what proteins it will allow, and it's even more so if it's already damaged from years of fructose overload and exposure to unrecognizable frankenfoods and environmental chemicals.

But, if you're really set on not eating meat, you're going to have to make some compromises...
Sponsored Links