#5   ^
Old Sat, Aug-17-02, 22:55

Plan: Protein Power (more or less)
Stats: 285/231/200 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 64%
Default gee, I guess I do . . .

Hi there --

Sure, I do PP. And keep a journal. I got there through a back door -- after reading a very persuasive article about LC I spent an hour in a bookstore sitting on the ground looking at cookbooks. I am an ex-chef, and I guess it did not occur to me to start with the plan itself; rather, I thought I could start with a set of recipes that would give me the right idea. I ended up with =Low Carb Living= by Fran McCullough, which I strongly recommend.

But then after a while I posted some technical questions and a person on this forum politely suggested it would make sense for me to RTFM (she didn't use the term, I did -- it means "read the =f= manual," and comes to us from the people who provide computer support!). So I picked up PP and have found it =very= useful.

All this might sound as though I am now something of a seasoned expert, but that is not the case. I mean, this all happened just recently ! But I have started keeping a very detailed journal; I cite what I eat every day, and I use Fitday.com to calculate the absolute amount of calories, fat, carbs, and protein, as well as the percent of fat, carbs and protein in my diet. Goal -- to consume 10x my body weight in calories each day (2600) and for that diet to comprise about 75% fat, 5% carbs, and 25% protein per day.

I've only been keeping the journal in this much detail for a week, but I certainly plan to keep it up. It is listed under "raharris meditative LC journal." Hope this helps -- RA Harris