Progress: 24%

Quote:
"Childhood anorexia bill passed."
"Childhood stupidity bill passed."
"Childhood eugenics bill passed."
"Childhood gastric bypass bill passed."

How about this one instead:

"Elected official intelligence test bill passed."

They began doing that down here. I don't remember hearing anything about it. Probably snuck in on the back of something else. Anyway, my nephew got one of these letters, but he's not overweight. They had his height wrong, and he said they refused to remeasure him. (He says they have him as 5' and he's at least 5'9" or 10", as he is taller than me. He is 16). He also said a girl in his school is now being treated for anorexia after she got one of these letters.

Personally, I don't think the school should take care of this. (Especially if there is no patient/"doctor" confidence. I think that "should" be a given.) If anything, require that the student has an annual physical, and produce that when school is back in. I have to fill out all the forms again anyway. And seeing what happened with my nephew, I'm not sure all of these people are qualified (mentally ) anyway. Their function is education. And I would say that even though exercise is not always the answer, it seems to me that there are a lot more overweight kids around since they took it out of the curriculum. After all, that's not an academic item.

It would also help immensely if they didn't serve pizza and chicken nuggets. Not to mention that many of these things aren't even meat. They are vegetarian hamburgers. And there's a lot of soy. I personally think they do it to get more kids to buy lunch. It's another revenue. They rarely served stuff like that when I was in school. I think we used to get that kind of stuff right before a longish (week) holiday. But, it was homemade. (my mom worked in the school cafeteria when I was in elementary school)

They do serve salads, but my daughter says that sometimes they are gone and sometimes they are nasty. So, sometimes, she doesn't eat. (Yes, I've got salad stuff at home she could take, but the temperature isn't right by the time she eats lunch. It's not like they provide the students with a refrigerator and microwave . Too bad.