View Single Post
  #53   ^
Old Fri, Aug-17-18, 09:35

Plan: Atkins Concept
Stats: 225/190/175 Male 70.5"
BF:
Progress: 70%

That explains it. I love the sliced bread recipe too...I dont love that it takes a whole block of cream cheese though!

I had a hot sliced chicken breast with Havarti cheese sandwich using two whole "slices" of it last night. Very good. I toasted the slices in the toaster oven till somewhat browned and arranged the sliced chicken breast (from a store-bought baked chicken) on a small plate in a square/rectangle shape the size of the bread slices, and topped with off the block slices of Havarti, then microwaved it for maybe 30 seconds till the cheese started melting. Put that and a thick slather of mayo on both slices of bread, fresh ground pepper and what a great sandwich.

Equally as awesome, this morning I toasted a slice just until barely showing any additional browning...that re-livens-up the bread...spread some butter on it and topped it with two soft boiled eggs busted over top, salt and pepper. If it weren't for the thinness, I almost thought I was tasting a traditional biscuit.

Does glucomannan do something similar to the psyllium powder? I was trying to find one of your conversations somewhere where I thought you were explaining to someone that adding glucomannan powder added elasticity or something similar.

I'm trying to avoid buying yet another package of product used only a little in some recipes. I'm running out of pantry to store all the stuff I have bought for low carb cooking!

Checking out your site again this morning I got my answer on if you are still using the mozzy dough. You just made that beef strudel with it a week ago. Looks very good.

You mentioned refried beans if you have the spare carbs in that recipe. I have been making refried beans AND hummus with black soy beans. They arent just for chili anymore! There is a discussion in here about them (canned). Some were saying they lie on the nutrition label. I'm finding it hard to believe if this is "well known", that this situation would not have been rectified. A company can get in a lot of trouble falsifying nutritional information. So I'm choosing to believe what the label says, these companies usually have a lab test for the values, especially those that proffer to special diets. Total carbs is total carbs and dietary fiber is dietary fiber.

Some folks may be calculating wrong. I just caught my wife last night pre-planning a fast food stop for a road trip looking at the nutritional values on the restaurant's web site, she was finding all kinds of good stuff at Bojangles, until I said "what?..No way!" and she said "yea, you subtract the protein from the carbs for the net carbs, right". She really isn't that dumb, but that was cranial flatulence for sure!