#11   ^
Old Wed, Jul-17-02, 09:37
Registered Member

Plan: sugarbusters
Stats: 270/242.00/142
BF:
Progress: 22%
Default refinance your mortgage!!

What is interesting, is his program works from what I read, but was so drastic, people could not make the life style changes needed to stay on this.
WW works for lots of people when they follow it to the letter!
Low calorie diets works as in starvation.
By pass works in some people at first but at what price?

But he can't be wrong about one thing and that is eating food that is not processed first. Stone ground whole wheat flour made into bread and pasta takes some adjustment to taste. Including greens, beans, and fresh veggies takes some time to include them into your daily consumption.

But eating this way does not ensure that you will loose weight unless you have another ingredient and that is moving around.

What Ornish proposes can be incorporated safely in ones plan of low carb eating and that is what ever carbs you do eat should be made of whole grains and stone ground flours.

If you live long enough everybody gets heart disease or something else along the way, like arthritis, knees that hurt. spines that have narrowing of the vertebrae etc. etc.

Finding your own way is difficult to do, but over the years, people have warned us of dangerous paths that we take. Such as the course of DDT used in farming; water polution and contaminants we never dreamed were getting into our water, streams lakes etc.
Not much the private citizen can do about the farming practices and technologies used to bring lots of food to the market place.
We only hear of them after the damage is done.

I would like to refinance my "mortgage" and live another 20 years relatively free from pain and misery and if I can do that by eating fresh fish, real beef protein, wholesome grains, fresh veggies and fruits in moderation and add wholesome first pressed virgin olive oil, pure butter and nothing hydrogenated, I will at least be trying to slow up the process that has already taken hold of my body.

I just went to the endocrinologyst and as an overweight person, eating low carbs has helped me to keep diabetes from arms length, now to loose some weight!! HA! He suggests smaller portions, maybe I have to measure?

But I know:
I don't move around enough at seventy, firbromyalgia pain and stenosis of the spine just do a number on you.