View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Nov-22-17, 22:37

Plan: ≤ 20 carbs & IF
Stats: 292/235/170 Male 72 Inches
BF:
Progress: 47%
Default My Wife Has Breast Cancer

I debated about sharing this information here but I need all the advice I can get.

I did share already in another thread that my wife's annual mammogram had turned up a large lump. It's at the top her right breast on her chest. The technician and our family doctor thought it was probably a fibroid tumor but we got the biopsy results finally on Monday and it "had cancer cells" so she is going in for an MRI next Monday and we meet with the surgeon next Friday on Dec 1st. She has two sisters who both survived breast cancer but both had mastectomies.

I love my wife very much and want to be as supportive as I can in any way I can. This is totally unfair. It should have been me. I have been abusing my body almost my entire life with my bad eating habits not to mention that I smoked for over 40 years between 1 and 3 packs a day at different times. She has always tried to eat healthy and has never drank, smoked, done drugs or anything. She has literally been "good" her whole life. (I don't even deserve her!). This should be me and not her.

Anyway, her emotions are all over the place, most of the time she is strong but I know she is scared. Today she called me after she got off work and was very upset - said she just wanted to cry - and had been shopping to buy greens for our bunny and could not remember her pin number at check out because she just can't think straight lately.

What can I do? I just tell her how much I love her with all my heart and how unfair this is and how I wish I could take her cancer and give it to myself. I don't know how I should support her emotionally. I just don't know...
Sponsored Links