Old Tue, Jul-01-03, 20:03

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 150/138/125 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 48%
Talking YooHoo! That would be me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeel
I'm not sure where to post this; please move it, moderator, if there is a more appropriate place.

I am almost 60 years old, and it is so much slower to lose weight on this WOE than it was when I first tried it in 1973. There are probably a variety of reasons (retired now and much more sendentary, the "diet" has evolved into something which allows a good many more vegetables, etc) but some of it MUST have to do with the fact that my metabolism has changed a lot in the past 30 years.

So I would l especially like to hear from folks who are closer to my age (as well as ANYONE on these boards). I will settle for anyone who has a Country Joe and The Fish album somewhere in their closet. Heck, I will settle for anyone who even knows who
Country Joe is!

Kay

<font color="brown"><B>Well, I'm not sure who "Country Joe" is, but "I was country, when country wasn't cool" if that counts.

Also, I am going on 60 and, YES, it is much harder to lose weight as this age! I used to have to eat like a truck driver to maintain my weight, now I have to eat like a sparrow to keep from LOOKING like a truck driver! (No offense to truck drivers!)

Moderation, Exercise, Moderation, Exercise, Moderation, Exercise.....that is my mantra! Atkins is the first WOE that has allowed me to lose weight so I'm pretty excited about it. Now if my recent boo boo would heal so I could get back to exercising, I'd be a happy camper!

Oh, I guess I got off course. Yes, there is someone else on here almost 60! Howdy!!

Morgan