#10   ^
Old Tue, Mar-28-17, 12:58

Plan: atkins/paleo/IF
Stats: 186.5/159.0/160 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 104%

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaser
The exception that proves the rule, I guess. What a silly saying.

He is talking about pretty high intake of fat, though. His initial experiment involved going from 224 grams of fat per day to 329 grams. A few years ago I did a 4:1 ketogenic ratio experiment on myself, like they do for kids with epilepsy, that's about 90 percent calories as fat,. I was eating around 2500 calories a day,that was to appetite, that's about 250 grams of fat per day. 329 grams a day--that would be an overfeeding experiment for me. Which is what maybe makes it more of a hack to trick your doctor/insurance, rather than a practical intervention. It works, maybe, because it is overfeeding--and greatly reduces the liver's role of supplying triglycerides to various tissues.

I can't wait to try this and just checked out his site again, he didn't really give any menus, but I love his cartoons. I regularly have beef tallow around, farmers pork skin/fat, and the usual avocados, coconut oil, etc. Fish? I could slide the sardines and the olive oil right on to the plate, with a bit o kale for a garnish. My favorite LC version of BLT, is a chopped salad with bacon, mayo (avocado oil), and the rest. I have used bacon fat to make the mayo in the past, but maybe I could just mix in extra bacon fat with the mayo. This could be fun. Of course, I,m 36 hours into a fast right now, so maybe I shouldn't be thinking about all this eating.