View Single Post
  #896   ^
Old Sat, Mar-25-06, 10:40

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 203.5/192.4/120 Female 5.2
BF:
Progress: 13%

I'm sorry, I have skipped a few posts in my eagerness to thank Bear for posting his views.

I find this very interesting to read and I totally get what you are saying, you are quite clear.

I am a vegtable lover, but not from birth, my family never fed us veggies..but we did eat trashy carbs. I did however always think that veggies were 'good' for you...now I do love them, particularly smothered in cheese or butter.

I have a question and I apologise if this has been mentioned. A few months ago I was watching Oprah and a doctor on there mentioned that MEAT cannot be digested in the body, but must ROT before it is expelled, and why we need to eat roughage to help it along. The rotting can take months.
Well, immediately upon hearing that I knew something was not right, as the amount of meat I have eaten on Atkins in the past would have me at 500lbs in a month ;-) So where did a DOCTOR get this information?

Perhaps there is another who remembers the show I am talking about, clearer than I...perhaps there was even a thread on here about it, I have been away for a long time.

Please forgive me if this has already been mentioned!