View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Jun-27-07, 21:13

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 190/169/140 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 42%
Default Thoroughly confused about Protein Intake

OK, I now have both Protein Power and The Protein Power Lifeplan out of the library.

According to PP, I have a lean body weight of 110, with a healthy weight range of 139-150. These numbers make sense to me so I'm pretty sure I did those calculations correctly.

So, with a LBW of 110, I should multiply that by 0.6 to come up with a minimum protein intake of 66 grams per day, or 22 grams per meal. Or maybe I should multiply by 0.7 since I'm overweight- though I'm less than 40% overweight so according to the first book I shouldn't "have to" multiply by the higher number. In any case, that would bring my daily protein intake to 77 grams per day, or 26 grams per meal.

According to the chart in PPLP, I should be getting at least 34 grams per meal, for 102 grams per day!! I don't really understand why the chart in PPLP goes by current body weight, while the calculations in PP are based on LBW. That seems to be the source of the discrepency.

I've been having a hard time eating 102 grams of protein per day. Sure, some days I'm hungrier and will eat more, but on any given day, I've been eating fewer veggies and fiber in my quest to eat all my protein. It's also getting expensive!

So which should I follow? 70ish grams per day or 100ish grams per day?
Sponsored Links