View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Sun, Nov-04-01, 20:06

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Progress: 52%
Default slacker

I have been VERY bad at posting to this log ... I have been sick, and busy at work. No excuse, I know.

BUT, I have been at the gym ... and since we are changing our training program tomorrow (getting into pre-season mode for basketball), I figure that this is a good place to start back up.

My weight in the off-season neared 240, which was my goal. I got 238 ... so I am happy. With the muscle came some fat (which was expected so I am gonna use the pre-season to lighten up the load so to speak.

Our training for the next 2 months looks like this:

Monday night: weights (chest/back)
Tuesday morning: speed work on the track
Wednesday morning: cardio work (moderate intensity)
Wednesday night or Thursday night: weights (shoulders/arms)
Thursday morning: cardio work (higher intensity/intervals)
Friday morning: cardio work (moderate intensity)
Friday night: weights (legs)
Saturday: REST
Sunday: drills/agility work

My diet is going from my off-season "eat anything and everything in an effort to add mass" diet, to a lower carb/higher protein plan.

Calories are gonna be around 3,600 for me per day, spread over 7 meals (4 being THERMOPLEX meal replacement shakes that I get customized to the calories/protein/carbs that I want ... and it costs the SAME as regular shakes!)

I will be taking a fat burner in the mornings, as well as my multi, 1200 IU of Vitamin E, 1000 mg of Vitamin C, 500mg potassium, 500 mg magnesium, a ZMA supplement before bed, creatine at 5g per day, and lots and lots of L-glutamine to help with my recovery (I need it all to keep up with that young chick that I workout with).

This should be a great training cycle for me and I am looking forward to carving up all of this mass that I have accumulated over the last 12 weeks of "bulking" and emerging as a stronger, more powerful player than I was this summer.

Stay posted ...