Old Wed, Dec-05-07, 11:44

Plan: South Beach
Stats: 200/186/140 Female 5' 2"
BF:Way too much
Progress: 23%
Default Eggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by katz259
this is very helpful, I notice you lost 10 punds in 2 1/2 weeks, how long do you plan to stay on Phase 1..also, is it healthy to eat eggs everyday?

Hi Katz259

Yes, I lost 10 Lb's, in 2.5 weeks and I am now starting phase 2 as I do like to have my steel cut oats for breakfast - but now I have some protein after I eat the oats and find that is working and I'm not hungry. I have the steel cut oats with 1% milk, then an egg or some lean protein or nuts afterwards.

I always make sure I have my mid morning and mid afternoon snacks too, either nuts or lean protein. I am also starting to add one apple back in and have that for my afternoon snack, but I spread a little natural organic peanut butter on each piece and that really makes a huge difference. Usually when I eat an apple it makes me hungry.

I also work out pretty regularly, at the gym on the cardio machines 3 times a week, weights, yoga, and walking my dog. I find I really enjoy this now and also find it much easier to do and have way more energy for exercise now I'm eating SB!

The 'egg' situation has changed now - they used to think it wasn't so good for us to eat too many eggs, even on Weight Watchers they wanted you to limit to three a week; however, recent studies have shown that they are NOT bad for you and they do in fact effect both good and bad cholesterol levels in such a way that it is not unhealthy as they once thought.

Dr. Agatston talks about this in his book - like Judynyc says, unless your doctor tells you not to eat too many for health reasons then they really are ok!

I do notice that Dr. Agatston talks about egg substitutes in his recipes though .... not sure why? Perhaps because his patients are mostly obese with heart problems??

*** Judynyc, do you know why Dr. Agatston talks so much in his recipes about the egg substitute stuff?? I use real eggs, not sure I want to bother with the substitute stuff, plus it's expensive!

I buy organic free range eggs - Dr. Agatston does mention that free range eggs, and meats, are better for us if we can afford and get them, so I do try to make most of my diet organic and free range whenever possible.

Ms A