#11   ^
Old Fri, Jul-01-05, 21:17
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Thanks for your rundown Mike.

We are not here to debate which plan is better. This is not a debate forum but a support forum. If we wanted to debate this, which we don't, we'd take this to the War Zone.

When members come in here and ask us Atkins vs South Beach, I think it is up to the original oster of the thread to make their own choice. We are not trying to swy opinion or sell this plan. We are trying to explain the differences.

Many atkins users do not go beyond induction and stay at 20 carbs a day and they do stop losign weight. Many are afraid to to go the OWL phase of atkins because they are afraid of adding good carbs back into their food plan. This is a mistake!! From what I've seen, those who are successful on Atkins do move into the OWL phase and do add carbs back into their plan.

I went to Atkins Nutritionals site to read about OWL phase to try to understand why there was so much fear and confusion around adding carbs back. What I came away with was seeing how hard and scary it is to move into this phase according to the formula that they tell you to use.

One of the things that makes this plan work for me is the ease that I moved inot phase II of this plan. They make it easy to learn which carbs work and which don't for our individual bodies. I find myslef meeting many here that I encourage to move inot OWL phase because they have stopped losing...I don't try to get them to come over to the heathens!!

Thanks for your point of view!!