View Single Post
  #101   ^
Old Sun, Jul-11-04, 06:10

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Thanks for the tips, Wendy. I'm eating 3 eggs scrambled with 3/4 ounce Havarti cheese, and 1 slice LC toast with butter. I think I might have to go back to using Fitday for a week or so.

Fruit at breakfast is really the way to go. I have been having a few tomato cravings lately. For whatever reason, tuna salad with sliced tomatos has entered my mind lately.

I also really like cole slaw -- unfortunately, my favorite is KFC, and that's probably loaded with sugar. Hey, let's find out . . .

Yup, just as I thought. Went to the KFC web site (isn't the Internet great!) and a 130-gram portion of cole slaw (however much that is) comes up at 190 calories, 11 grams fat, 22 grams carb with 3 grams fiber and 13 grams sugar, and 1 gram protein. That's a lot of sugar!

I do have a LC recipe for the dressing, which I made last year and is really good. I know you can buy the cabbage already "slawed" with a little carrot in small bags. I'll do that.

Also, I have a recipe for a 3-cheese spinach dip that everyone loves. I can buy some raw veggies to use as dip. That would make it a double-whammy for veggies. And the neufchatel, ricotta, and cheddar would up the protein count a bit. I wonder what this would taste like with a bit of bacon thrown in . . .

For whatever reason, homemade salads just don't appeal to me right now in the least. A restaurant Caesar salad sounds ok once in a while, but not too often. This is strange, since I've gone through periods where I could eat Caesar salad every single day.

OK, that's a start.