View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-07-16, 08:57

Plan: <30 total carbs
Stats: 216/183/135 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 41%
Default How bad is fasted weight training?

How bad is it to do light weight training in the morning if I usually don't eat until about 2-3 hours later? I know fasted cardio is something people do, but I always hear advice about pre and post weight workout protein.

I started light weight training today, after beginning Atkins about a week ago. (I'm no stranger to either, but I'm trying to make realistic lifelong changes and goals so I can stick with it this time.)

I've been doing very well with my weight loss for quite a few months (30 lb. down) by drinking just coffee with cream in the mornings, and I'm not hungry in the mornings. I want to continue with this trend, so I'm not looking for advice about breakfast being the most important part of my day.

If I have to switch to evenings for weight training, I will try to make that happen, but the best window for my exercise seems to be in the morning, so here is what I am trying to determine: Is weight training on an empty stomach actually damaging, or just somewhat less effective for building/toning muscle?
Sponsored Links