View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Sep-18-17, 14:13
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 188/179/130 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress:

I know what it's like to feel upset when the scale stays the same or goes up a pound when I've eaten hardly anything and worked out. I have to use all of these methods of tracking my weight: step on the scale every morning, measure once a week, take pictures every day from different angles, and have some completely non-stretch pants as a goal item. The mirror is not useful as we don't see our weight loss very well. I remember feeling just as fat at 140 as I did at 180 and yet the pictures show a huge difference. You will not believe you are thinner if you wear yoga pants or if you never took pictures at your higher weights.

So when the scale won't budge, I check my photos and my measurements and then I see - yes, I am thinner, even if I can't see it in the mirror. The pictures prove it. And I try on those smaller pants about once a week to see how many inches my waist has already gone down. The minute the pants are loose I go to the next smaller size.

The other thing is the exercise. I started a formal program in May and write it down every day, how many minutes. This keeps me accountable and regimented and I can't let it slide. If I can't exercise for some reason, I will usually stay the same. If I overeat, even low carb, I will usually stay the same. And the plateaus even when I am doing everything right. They go on so long, but I have the photos going way back and I can look at them and see for myself that yes, I have lost weight gradually, and it will get even easier now because there is less fat to lose. I like to visualize 29 pounds of butter stacked up. That's how much I have lost so far. That's a lot, even though I am not thin yet. I give myself credit for doing something about it and not giving up.