Old Wed, Jun-20-18, 12:40

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

"Gut bugs outnumber host cells in the human body."

1) I'm not sure it's true.
2)What makes it relevant?

Also "The gut is the second brain." Evolution-wise, which came first, the gut or the brain? Maybe there's relevance to brain health for the gut, calling it a second brain doesn't seem to add anything useful to the conversation.

Also--I was listening to a podcast the other day, and the keto folk on it were talking about parallels between doing a keto diet and knocking out gut bugs with antibiotics. Yeah, not a thing. It will certainly change your gut bug profile. But keto dieters do have gut bugs.

Also--the assumption that if we do have gut bugs, they'll suck, and chew up our innards, is unwarranted. We do have gut bugs, if our intestinal health improves with fiber removed from our diets, it may be from a change in our microbiome, it won't be due to lack of gut bugs.

Sometimes I see zero or low carbers down-talking the role of gut bugs in human health. This seems like an unnecessary defense until somebody shows that the accusation that zero or low carb worsens the gut bug profile is actually true. I think we should at least wait until somebody's made a criticism that has legs before we get all defensive.