View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, May-16-18, 09:37

Plan: Atkins 72
Stats: 178/178/147 Female 5ft8.5
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default To break a stall you reduce fat and increase protein?

I have been on the keto/low carb WOE for 5 + years now, with a few blips now and again, but quickly get back in the saddle. Only this blip, whilst getting back into low carb I instantly lost half a dress size in induction in 2-4 weeks (which isn't great considering the huge losses in the past). Well, I thought looks like I better keep on keeping on and not alter anything or rock the boat.

It is now nearly 2 months in and while my, appetite is non-existent, having heaps of energy, not hungry and being able to fast easily (all signs of fat-adaptinon), I am stalling, however, my stomach is increasing in size, flat globules seem to be rising to the surface of my skin its quite science fiction really! I have never had issues with cottage cheese legs and stomach but now I do!

I've tried, adjusting salt intake, drinking lots of water always, intermittent fast 16:8 so my last meal is 6 pm. As I said, I've been doing this WOE for a while but seems things need to change.

If anyone has heard of Amy Berger and her awesome blog. She talks about why people stall and that we should be reducing fats once we are fat adapted, not be afraid of protein etc. I have been so weary, watching protein intake because all I hear is that it turns to glucose in the body. Maybe this is where some of those vegan proponents get diabetes and eating meat link. While I think its preposterous, part of me has been still worried.

Anyway, Amy sort of reassured me but would like to know what you think..

If you're stalling and in ketosis/fat adapted, should one reduce fats and up protein?

Really interesting where she talks about gluconeogenesis.
http://www.tuitnutrition.com/2017/0...neogenesis.html
Sponsored Links