#5   ^
Old Wed, Apr-25-18, 17:01

Plan: VLC, mostly meat
Stats: 202/200/165 Male 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grav
Bought and watched this today over lunch. Gotta agree with LCFP above, it touched on a lot of interconnecting points in a lot of different ways but it got the message through pretty well.

But boy, the Australian Medical Association sure don't like it very much, hehe.

If the AMA was a genuine professional association with genuine intent to warn about genuine dangers to public health, it would not conduct a baseless smear campaign. Note how each point where they accuse Evans has no supporting argument. In this way, each of those points is allowed to float on public belief. For example, the reference to the comparision to the anti-vaccination movie Vaxxed and the reference to the imaginary "awards for the films least likely to contribute to public health". Or, Evans has already been warned not to dabble in medicine (I could argue that this means the AMA is in fact dabbling in medicine, and they're just trying to defend their turf, i.e. Hey, don't do that, that's our job!).

Here's the thing. Public belief is shaped by all these official-looking associations, or at least that's what they continuously try to do.

I'm about to watch the movie, and as I do, I'm effortlessly ignoring all official associations on the planet.