Old Sat, Jul-14-07, 21:18
Every day is day one

Plan: AtkinsMaintenance/IF
Stats: 185/145/155 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 133%

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurie0515
So if you have 100 pounds to lose how would you go up the rung? At how many pounds lost should you go to the next stage?

It's not really how many pounds you lose to determine if you go to the next rung. It's if you CONTINUE to lose by going to the next rung. For instance--the first rung of the ladder are adding in more servings (at 5-8 gram increments) of more low carb vegetables. If you are able to do that and continue to lose weight than you move on to the next rung which would be a serving or two (i.e. 5-8 grams) of dairy like an extra serving of cheese or a serving of cottage cheese. If you are still losing after adding in more low carb veg and dairy (please do not bash me if dairy is not the second rung--I don't have my book in front of me) then you can go to the next rung which would be a serving of nuts (at 5-8 gram increments). You get the idea. When you are not losing, you should take a look at your servings (to make sure you are not overdoing it). If your servings are in order, you may need to take a look at you calories (as much as we like to believe--even Dr. Atkins states that calories DO COUNT). And last but not least you may need to drop back down a rung to get your weight loss moving again. After you have done this awhile, you will discover things that will stop your weight loss and start up cravings. I personally, will never be able to add back the grain rung and I have to be extra diligent at the fruit rung (fruit whether it's the low carb fruits such as berries or any other fruit, causes horrible cravings--I eat it minimally).

HTH

Lisa