View Single Post
  #65   ^
Old Mon, Aug-24-15, 18:11

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

No problem Honeypie.
New Zealand is famous for their lamb and I think that's where a majority of what we import to the US.

I don't want to offend anyone either, especially in this age group, but the few times I've been to Trader Joes, after looking in several baskets I saw a lot of 30 year olds who were not buying basic raw meat and fresh veggies but a lot of pre-prepared and also frozen prepared stuff. Almost deli like shopping but with the hopes of finding more healthy food.

There are a couple more like Trader Joe's, Fresh Market and Sprouts. All smaller stores (as compared to the mega grocery stores) with the common theme of eating "healthy". Most of what I find at all of these stores is imported meat and standard veggies/sprayed or GMO and a small area of organic.
Even Whole Foods has reduced their stock of organic veggies for some reason. Last time I went their produce dept. was cut in half.

I've read that this younger generation doesn't want to shop in bulk at places like Costco and Sams and that they are really into convenience. One article I read said that these two stores have really taken a hit with the market turning over with seniors leaving the market and youngsters taking their place.

I think that's why these new smaller stores are exploding in popularity which is fine with me because I do not like those huge mega stores anyway.