View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Mar-10-03, 08:49
Registered Member

Plan: mostly Atkins
Stats: 152/132/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 63%

I was on the candida diet for about 2 months and other than fatigue (which might be from something else) and the hives I didn't experience many problems. I had previously gone gluten free however (about 6 months) because of celiacs disease so that might have started the process of gut healing. I found that I was sensitive to the nystatin so I decided to go really low carb to combat the yeast and other than the first two weeks of lc I haven't experience any itching. I get headaches on occasion but who knows what that is from. My digestion has changed from pretty much chronic loose stools or diarrhea before the celiac diagnosis, to loose but better during candida diet to pretty much regular during lc but I've also changed my eating habits a lot! It used to be that anything fiberous like salads or nuts gave me instant diarrhea but not any more.

Are you sure that your sinus headaches aren't from yeast? I've heard that they can colonize just about any mucuos membrane. My doc wanted me to do nystatin nasal sprays as well as taking it in every possible oriface but I couldn't. I've now been doing just saline washes a few times a day and my nasal membranes generally feel better. I use a non-preserved fresh solution of distilled water and some salt to avoid preservatives which burn me. I'm very sensitive to perfumes and cleaning products and we think this is related to the yeast and "leaky" mucuos membranes. That still hasn't gone away unfortunately. I'm hoping it will eventually.