View Single Post
  #22   ^
Old Wed, May-11-16, 06:10

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

Something along the lines of Atkins' carb ladder might be a good way to go. I believe I've read somewhere that in the days before insulin, when fasting was used in diabetes, something similar was done with low carb food, they'd fast people until glucose disappeared from the urine, and then slowly ramp up until it reappeared, and back off again. Basically, undereat until blood glucose is under control, and then add ten grams of protein per day or week or what not, until blood glucose starts to climb--and then back off.

It wouldn't have to start at zero, you could just use some basis for calculating minimum protein needs, eat that for a while, and assuming that you respond well and like where your blood sugar is, start ramping up from there.

I'd ramp up with just protein at first, just to simplify things. If you started at 70 grams as a reasonable protein requirement, and found things copacetic up to the 140 grams of protein mark, then you could back off on the protein, replacing up to half of it with the insulin load equivalent level of carbohydrate.

Of course this is an ideal world where changing stress levels etc. aren't throwing in added variables.