View Single Post
  #74   ^
Old Sat, Jun-28-03, 00:56

Plan: not sure
Stats: 140/135/125
BF:
Progress: 33%

I am new member here, but not new to video exercising
I am so glad I stumbled across this thread, as well as many others on this site that I am finding so useful!
I have been an avid home video exerciser for about 14 years.
I started with the Firm , and then branched out into so many others after joining www.videofitness.com.
I consider myself an advanced exerciser, and I have belonged to gyms as well, but there are some GREAT workout vids out on the market now and I consider them to be highly challenging, and wonderfully produced.
Cathe Friedrich (for those who are serious!)- weight training, step etc.
Powerstrike- for those of you that like Tae Bo, this inmho blows tae bo away. alot of cardio minutes, intense, and alot less impact on the joints!
If you like dancy videos, Christy Taylor.

alot of these are available on DVD now, so the opportunity to mix and match my workouts makes them fun, and interesting. Gotta get creative when it comes to burning those calories, sometimes.

But if you are looking for a challenge, and variety, investing in some advanced vids is a great option, because unlike a gym membership, they never expire, they are always there for the doing (no reason to NOT workout.. its in your house for Petes sake!)

I have joined gyms, and fallen off the bandwagon a zillion times in getting there, but I always made up for it by popping in an exercise vid.
The following sites might be helpful:
www.videofitness.com
www.cathe.com
www.beach body.com (my current fav workouts)
I notice there are a dozen Pilates and Yoga vids in Target, and best buy,etc but for intense cardio and weight training, exercise vids arent out there, being mass marketed. I get alot of mine from Collage video, or other online resources.

I also joined a check in at one of the online video fitness forums, and for me , it's cool, because it makes me accountable for my exercise habit (or sometimes, lack thereof).