View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Nov-25-00, 10:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 162/124/120 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 90%
Wink Grrrr!

Jen, you probably already know this, but there's some information out there on possible ways of 'busting' stalls and plateaus. Quite a few ideas are posted at http://www.eporkchop.com/blubber/plateau.htm (Great URL, eh?) Might be worth checking out.

Also a few folks here are trying Stillmans as a plateau-buster, and having success with it.

One of the reasons I went off low-carb when I first tried it a couple of years ago was that after about 4 months I too stopped losing weight, 25 pounds from goal. Going off the diet was definitely no solution! I know it's aggravating, but from what I've been reading and hearing plateaus happen to everyone, and with analysis of the situation, ingenuity, and patience, can be 'busted.' Maybe it's just your body getting used to its new weight and taking a little break.

The great thing about low-carb is that it's not a deprivation-diet, so even if things take a little longer, we're not exactly suffering through the process, as we do with low-cal (imagine spending months and even years on <1000 cals/day - eeek!).

Wa'il's made a couple of good points - maybe you've gained muscle and/or lost inches without the scale showing it. Are your clothes feeling looser?

Are you on any medication? Some medications can cause stalls.

Anyway, you're not whining, you're just frustrated, and that's OK - I think we all use this board to vent at times, and that's what it's for!

Keep us posted!
Rachel

[Edited by tamarian on 25-11-00 at 11:52]