#14   ^
Old Sat, Apr-07-12, 07:10

Plan: Ketogenic now
Stats: 277/121/125 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress: 103%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinytan
hi, I really need help too! I have maintained for about 5 years on low carb even eating half a block of dark choc on most days and never put weight on but I quit in november and it feels like my weight is slowly going up each week. I'v tryed it all - clean eating, more fat, no diet coke at all( i would have 2litres a day!) and nothing is working. I only want too loose 1-2 kgs then I'll feel fine but now I'm misserable because I keep thinking my weight will go up and I will never get it off.
I eat about 1000 cal a day becuase I'm only 5ft so any weight gain you can notice straight away, I can't do any exercise because I have bad knees.
I'm too scared to increase my cals because I feel like I will just put on weight because I've kept it at 1000 for so long.
What should I do?????????????????????????/

You are now five years older I've been maintaining for over ten years...and, at one time (about seven years ago) I had an 'unrealistic for my hormone status' weight goal (it was around 95 to 100 lbs. I'm now 4'11" down two inches from vertebrae and bone problems).

I don't eat 1000 calories a day...that would be unrealistic TOO as I can only do walking and weight bearing exercise.

You might want to 'assess' your hormone status now, the fact that you are older, the fact that 1000 calories on a HIGH FAT LOWCARB way of life isn't 'realistic' and that as we age we DO go up in weight.

I 'look good' at 112 lbs., I look 'great' at 118 lbs. when able to lift weights (I need: double hip replacement, shoulder, one knee, and my back is also 'bad' from having to take steroids for years for another condition..don't think lowcarb did it please, lol).

I know that when my thyroid wasn't 'properly replaced' with both T4 and T3 hormone, and at same time, menopause came to light (I was only 38) I didn't lose a lot during that time of 'replacement' but now..my weight stays pretty steady and I eat on a 'cycling' pattern...lowest cals at 1400 and highest one day at around 2200....I maintain well and easily. I'm 57 and a half now.