Old Tue, Nov-04-14, 08:06
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Pam
So lesson learned yesterday: Don't bake chocolate chip cookies. I don't do a lot of baking as I don't really have a sweet tooth anymore. Not sure what prompted it yesterday beside the fact I made them! I honestly thought that my "not being able to control my food intake" was a thing of the past. Obviously not *sigh*. At least it was LC and I learned a valuable lesson: I am still an addict and must be cautious even if it is LC!

Thank you so much for sharing this. Its a very powerful lesson to learn and learn we must or we'll keep making this error in judgment over and over.

I'm going to tell you my own opinion on these low carb treats, they can be very dangerous. I don't eat them and I don't make them. It wakes up that sweet tooth and we don't need for that to happen.

When I did my first 90 days challenge, my abstinence was 'no sugar, no flour of any kind and no wheat'. It was the start of my education of foods that I needed to steer clear of. Think, white flour favorites as that was my poison. I haven't had pizza, bagels or pasta in years now.

A square of really dark chocolate can satisfy an urge and its easy to stop. I also find the no sugar added fudgsicles as a treat in the evening.