View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Sun, Dec-10-17, 22:55

Plan: VLC, mostly meat
Stats: 202/200/165 Male 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 5%

Counterpoint to her pasta and taters.

Saturday, we had a nice dinner for four at my mom's. Steak, salad, mushrooms and wine. Simple and boring? You bet, but oh so wonderfully tasty. Steak and mushrooms cooked in (lots for the shrooms, my very own simplest of recipes, just brilliant if I say so myself)) butter in the pan. A bit of cumin (don't know the English name, is it curcuma or something like that?) and salt for the mushrooms, just salt for the steak. Salad with lots of avocados, I think Boston lettuce, a somewhat mild but tangy vinaigrette, and bits of some kind of sausage. The steaks of course, seared rare. The wine was some Pinot Noir, I think, nothing too fancy, just right. Sounds good so far? Yeah, then for desert, mom decided to get the gingerbread man cookies out. Couldn't really resist, it was just there if you know what I mean. One of us was a kid and mom being mom, really likes to do that kind of thing. Oh yeah, forgot, I was too hungry to wait, so I scarfed down a pack of cracker barrel before we started cooking, maybe 200g or something, hadn't eaten all day you see. And a glass of milk with the cookies, like anything else was gonna happen with that, doh.

So, you wanna eat LC (minus the cookies, of course)? You want taste? You want a joyful meal? This is it. I promise.