View Single Post
  #2140   ^
Old Sun, Apr-22-18, 12:04

Plan: CAD Atkins CALP
Stats: 298/243/180 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 47%

Hi again.
So of course yesterday’s menu changed. And I ate RM for more than an hour (guests who brought appetizers—-grrrrr) so I weighed 241.4 this morning. Back to the pool today.
Yesterday had chicken wings for lunch. That was legal.
But then friends came at 6 pm and brought mini pita bread (yet another thing like Blue Bell Ice Cream and Suzy Q’s that it would be better if I didn’t know about....) with cream cheese artichoke dip, corn chips, and this other dip that had pulled smoked pork, craisins and cream cheese. So if I had just eaten a bite of each dip that would have been ok probably, but NO I ate a mini pita and some chips. Start the clock at 6 pm. And then we didn’t finish dessert until about 8 pm. So now my weight is up a pound, of course. Plus I didn’t have the menu I planned. We had tri berry pie and ice cream for dessert.
So reset today!
Breakfast: Eggs scrambled with sour cream, chives, mushrooms and sausage. Coffee with cream.
Heading off to the rec center for water aerobics in a few.
I plan to just yak here and not use a journal.....hope that’s ok with folks.
Here is my peach curried pork chop recipe, glad to share, and unlike my ex motherinlaw, I will not leave out any steps or ingredients! Smile!
Brown 4 pork chops lightly in a little bit of olive oil and set them aside, they do not have to be cooked through.
Put the curry powder into the oil still in the pan—using as much as you like according to your preference—and stir to brown for a few minutes. When aromatic, add 1 cup chicken bouillon and 1 can of peaches in syrup to the pan. Mash the peaches slightly after mixing all together, place the pork chops on top, cover and simmer for an hour or so, until the pork chops are tender. Serve with rice. I take the lid off the pan for the last 10 minutes or so to let the sauce reduce. They are yummy!