Thread: Healing myself
View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Mar-24-17, 07:28

Plan: Atkins 20
Stats: 237.6/150/155 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 106%

Welcome. My partner was an almost exactly the same position as you. He weighed 250, and had an A1 C 7.2. Within only a few months. His weight was down to 175, and his A1 C went down to 5.0. His diagnosis of diabetes was reversed. When he left the hospital after having a stroke last summer, they wanted to put him on Metformin. I was already doing low-carb, and my partner really didn't want to be on a daily medication for the rest of his life, so he decided to get serious about low-carb. We are both thrilled with the results. I have lost about 70 pounds as well.

The two things that I think of helped me the most were being very obsessive in the beginning about tracking everything. I wrote down everything I ate, and counted carbs even for complicated meals with lots of ingredients. And I kept a daily and weekly total.

The second thing that I always say is to keep reading the recipe threads here and elsewhere online. There are so many amazing and wonderful low-carb recipes and if you find food that you love you will never think about the food that you gave up.

Good luck to you!