View Single Post
  #11   ^
Old Sun, Feb-09-03, 22:35

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 468/371/275 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 50%
Smile I'm in...

Great idea Cindi, my friend...And to everyone that has signed on to this thread thus far...

It's taken me a few days to get around to joining on with this thread, which has caused me to stop and analyze why... It seems really odd that I, forum cheerleader, would not have been on this from the get go. Yet something caused me to delay...

It's not that I don't intend to to continue LCing and living a healthy lifestyle. And I definately intend to be a member of this forum for another year because I take this very seriously and I love being a member and Moderator.

So I guess the real reason for the delay is my concern that I might somehow disappoint y'all if things fall apart...which also means that there's still a part of me that's waiting for the other shoe to drop as it has so many times and on so many diets in past.

But you know, I'm OK with that. Because it's when I get too confident...too sure of myself that I lose my focus. That's when it's fallen apart for me in the past. That's when I have let the carbs creep back in and take over. So I'm accepting that I still need to be really focused and that I'm not the master of this game. The carb monster lurks inside of me and I need the support of everyone here to keep me up on the precious LC wagon.

Therefore...

I Donald, otherwise known as DWRolfe, promise to stay on the forum for one full year in good times and in bad. I promise to keep working the low-carb lifestyle, even though I may run into a rough patch here and there. Should something happen in my life and I change my mind about all of this - I promise to come to the TDC and say goodbye (death precluding this) so the many people who have supported me know what became of me. Most of all, I promise to be genuine with myself and others, at all times.

Peace, love and good health to one and all. See you here for sure in 2004!

Donald