View Single Post
  #103   ^
Old Wed, Feb-01-17, 16:05

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

I can binge on steak... just about any low carb food, really. But make my diet a bit more ketogenic, and no binges. It's not that the food becomes less palatable--a lot of it becomes more so, soup made with cheese and heavy cream is not less palatable than cheese itself. Also, I don't think adding heavy cream and cocoa to peanut butter makes it less palatable. Also--maybe all that fat does make these foods less palatable, somehow--but I'm satisfied with a small handful of peanuts, or a bit of cheese. As long as I'm keeping carbs very low, and being precise with my protein intake as well. Everything is just plain more satisfying--more rewarding, so that it takes less to do the job, when I'm in ketosis. This is even the case with cookies, I learned that at Christmas--but of course I didn't stay in ketosis that long after eating them, so any benefit was pretty short-lived. Maybe some time should be spent looking at the effect of diet on palatability/reward instead of the other way around.