View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-28-02, 01:55

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 234/211.4/155
BF:
Progress:
Wink a brand new newbie

I'm Meg and I'm new to this forum and am returning (after 20+ years) to Atkins and lowcarbing. I have been seesawing for all these many years. Using every diet known to man including Weight Watchers.

I have fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue syndrome, and a host of other physical symptoms. Last week, when I was talking to my manager about the possibility of cutting back my hours to 30 a week because I'm so tired all the time, he confronted me on my sugar usage. (I'm a therapist who works in a treatment center that has an eating disorders unit.) His sister had fibromyalgia and he told me about the yeast/sugar connection. I had heard of it, but denial being the useful tool that it is, I had not acted upon any information I had heard previously. When he told me about this connection, the light bulb went off!!

So here I am. I took sugar out of my diet as of Tuesday of this week. I ate my last piece of bread on Thursday and had the last grain (rice) on Saturday. Today was my first day on Atkins, but since I don't have the book, I am not accurate yet. I was using the plan based on a 20 year old memory and my memory was of the maintenance stage and not the induction stage. Now that I've found this website (and others) and have begun reading and re-learning about the program, I will do a better job tomorrow.

I also ordered the book yesterday so should get it soon.

Thanks all for listening.
Sponsored Links